Many people enjoy mung beans as part of a healthy, balanced diet to contribute to reduce cholesterol and high blood pressure. This is because they are rich in fibre, magnesium and potassium, which have many health benefits associated with them.
How to prepare
- Soak for 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Rinse, add to a pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and serve.
Ways to use mung beans
- Sprinkle on salads
- Add to stir fries for a good source of vegan protein
- Add to Buddha bowls along with brown rice or quinoa, mushrooms and kale
- Scatter in to vegetable stews and chunky soups
- Try sprouting mung beans and add the sprouts to salad